Thursday, January 24, 2008

Close Only Counts In Horseshoes and Hand Grenades

First, as a quick follow-up to yesterday's post (and Riggstad's comment on same), my overbets have now been pot sized bets as he suggested. Sometimes I might go pot plus 50 or something, but that's the neighborhood I'm in. Thanks for the feedback.

Now on to the subject at hand. I played three SNGs yesterday and I bubbled each and every one of them. The last two I had the best hand when the money went in. The first one was AT vs. AK after I had been clinging to life with the shortstack for a good 10-15 minutes. The previous day I was also 0 for 3 with two bubble departures. Currently I am on an 8-game non-cashing streak. This has inflicted calamitous damage to my meager bankroll.

I think the popular impulse is to change things up. Do something different to break the spell. However I try not to be reactionary. Upon quick reflection, I don't believe I played particularly poorly or incorrectly during the streak. I just got unlucky at bad times or suffered from some poor timing. As such, I don't plan on changing a thing, with the exception of ending the streak.

The downside is that this may affect my decision on whether to play the RPT tonight. The cost is now severe compared to my funds. But I do like Razz, so I may just bite the bullet and jump in for poops and giggles. Hope to see you tonight.

No comments: