Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Time to Make a Push

Satellite in my eyes like a diamond in the sky, how I wonder.
-Dave Matthews

Fresh off my latest debacle in an online multi-table tournament, I am hopeful that I will be able to make a push at trying to win a seat in the latest Riverchasers Super Satellite series. All I need to do is win a bar luckament. I've done this before, so surely I can do it again. All I need is to play a few and I'm sure to score. My primary goal is to bring fortune to myself. My secondary goal is to bring fame to RPT with my cash (dare I say win?) in a $1K Borgata tourney. But first things first; I need to win a qualifying seat for round 2. Wish me luck.

Regarding the aforementioned online MTT (the questionably labeled Blogger Skillz Series), I shall be brief (much like my appearance). First hand, Al takes about 40% of my stack, and 100% of someone else's, when I flopped top set. It was very easy to let go on the turn after my half pot flop bet revealed that the other two had either A) flopped the flush; B) flopped the straight; or C) both. I had no shot at either of them and wasn't going to get knocked out on the first hand chasing a boat. No worries.

However I had no reservations about getting knocked out on the second hand. I'll admit I did not have the strongest holding when I shoved on the flop, but I would have never guessed in a million years that I would have been called with the hand that I was called with. That I was called with that hand preflop was even a little head scratching. But people make their plays. I either win or I don't. No clue how it all turned out in the end, nor do I care.

1 for 1 cashing in SNG action last night. I couldn't pull out the win, but getting in the money took a little doing so I was pleased. I hope to not be able to play many in the coming days. Ideally I will be out winning a seat in the RPT Super Satellite.

2 comments:

corron10 said...

I got knocked out last nite, with top set as well, in the Skillz Series and in a PLO MTT for $5. So sic....

jamyhawk said...

Good luck in the RPT SS.