Friday, January 18, 2008

Sudden Loss of Interest

Well it was a good time at the old RPT Tourney last night, until I suddenly lost interest. Not uncoincidentally (made up word alert!), that disinterest coincided with my inglorious departure. But for poops and giggles, let's review.

It started innocently enough. I didn't play a hand other than an unraised BB for essentially the first three orbits. Then I came out swinging. Soon, the leader board looked like this:



I quickly lost the top spot. Trying to lay low and not get too involved. But, a few well timed moves and I found myself back in the lead...


After that, I really did lay low. Lost a little right before the break. Got down to below average stack, then grinded my way back into top 10. Along the way, the following back to back hands occurred. Please note that it was the same two individuals involved in the hands, and they WERE back to back...



Just hideous. Earlier I had witnessed another occasion of AA being cracked by KK. All in all, I saw 5 pocket aces at my table. Three times they were no good. But that's neither here nor there. I have a tournament to play. I'm 10 of 19 left. I get involved in a big pot and knock a guy out in 19th. Amazingly, I find myself here...



Woohoo!! 1 of 18!!! I'm set to make a run baby. That is until....



Yes....back to back hands and our hero finishes in 18th place. Just epic.

It is unfortunate that I will not be able to help Riggstad celebrate his birthday this evening. I am a single parent this weekend as my wife is escaping to pursue her hobby. She could certainly use the break and the time away, and as usual I will do my best to keep the house from burning down in her absence. I trust those present will raise a glass for me tonight. Better yet, I'll raise a glass for me tonight. Assuming I can get the kids to bed before midnight.

No comments: