Sunday, January 6, 2008

Weekend Update

This just in....Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

I've only played a little online the last couple days, as I am still licking my wounds from the Mookie and the RPT (KK<88).

I went to the inaugural Friday night game at Champs Sportsbar the other day. Partially because Al had indicated he was going. I shouldn't have fell for the hype. Al was a no-show. In the skill portion of the tourney, I ran my table. Those people may as well play with their cards up because their play is so transparent. Unfortunately as blinds escalate quickly, the latter stages become a lottery. You either hit or you don't and that's the difference between winning and only finishing in the points.

Crucial hand for me late. I had a person all-in preflop. My 99 vs her AJ. I flop my set, but she goes runner-runner Jack high straight. C'est la vie. I don't mind those beats. But as I said, you either hit or you don't. After that I was down to 800 and blinds were 100-200. I shove with ducks and get two callers. The bad (and at least marginally good) news was they both had KK. But alas, I did not catch the miracle 2-outer and I was done in 14th. I think 60+ started.

Still, Champs is a great place to play for me. It's very close to home. I have developed a friendship with the manager. They have my staple bourbon of choice (Buffalo Trace). And a lot of the people I have become friendly with through Riverchasers plays there.

Well, maybe I'll be back online tonight hitting a few SNGs. I need to build my roll back up a little to prepare for the regular tourneys this week. I think I may eschew the Mookie and just take a crack at this weeks RPT variety, which I believe is limit Omaha h/l. That should be quite interesting.

1 comment:

AlCantHang said...

Sorry about the no show. Ride situation got hosed up.

Next time!