Friday, January 11, 2008

Ready for the Weekend

I must say, I do look forward to Friday afternoons. I am a coin toss on whether I will try for a seat again tonight. I am much more aware these days of the necessary balance of 'we' vs. 'me'. Although balance is not the right word because 'we' deserves more attention than 'me'. And 'me' time is already lined up for tomorrow when I go to the poker benefit for Scott Parzych. So whatever way it goes tonight, I'm content.

I blew off the RPT tourney on FT last night. PLO8 would surely have treated me the same as PLO on Tuesday did. I have decided to stay away (for the most part) from -EV situations. It's almost like I won $11 by not playing. (How's that for spin?)

On the injury front, I will be having an MRI on my shoulder on Monday. I should know by Thursday if I will need to go under the knife for repair work. I really don't know what the straw was that broke the camel's back, but it has been bothering me for a good 6 months now. The pain has been increasing and the limited range of pain-free motion has been deteriorating steadily. It has always been a 'trick shoulder', but something must have finally let go in there. I've learned to live with a broken bone in my wrist for the last 20 years, but I don't think I can similarly adapt to the searing pain currently experienced with the shoulder. So hopefully corrective measures are in the offing.

No comments: