Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Obligatory Post About Nothing

Posting for posting's sake...how utterly sad.
- R. Carnal

I was sorely tempted to play in the Blogger Skillz game last night (Razz), but opted out. Razz is actually a game I like quite a lot. Maybe because it is so mind numbingly simple and yet people seem to think it's akin to trying to translate cuneiform. But even though I like the game, I was also painfully aware of the field. I am happy that I was able to avoid the suffering that riggstad endured during the game. Just another in the long series of 'chase and catch' that occurs so often. All the while, the villain is blissfully unaware that he is being outplayed.

Recent SNG results have no doubt played a large part in my sour and dour outlook. Like having Aces cracked by K3o (I was run down after the money went in and he only had me slightly covered). Or like having Jacks lose to Q5s when my opponent called off 80% of his stack to my preflop shove. Is there any wonder that a degree of cynicism has creeped into my consciousness?

However I did follow up that last debacle with a win when I racked my way to final two. I had a monster chip lead going heads up. Then a few suckouts later I was down to less than 800. Fortunately I hung on long enough to play past the bad luck and ended up winning. But my last nerve was frayed. I even went so far as to berate the idiots in the chat box...and I NEVER do that. Just goes to show that every man has his limits.

So I decided to take a break last night. I like the game, but couldn't take any more suckouts. Just needed to recoup some of my mental faculties. I'll be back in the saddle Thursday night for the RPT.

I would say something about my MRI on Monday, but it was pretty uneventful. I now understand why people who are claustrophobic might freak out a little. I'm not. So I just laid there relaxing and listening to music. I'll learn tomorrow what the deal is with the wing. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Riggstad said...

where did you get the banner from slit?

snakster said...

http://cooltext.com/