Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Bernard Hopkins Kind of Retirement

I have achieved a nice sense of inner peace since my retirement from online poker. So far it is going extremely well, probably because I'm still playing. That is I have been playing some nickel/dime omaha to pass the time. It is a nice way to try to clear some bonus money. I'm still running uber-badly, but I don't really care now. The race is on between the leak of my roll and the bump from bonus. It's like trying to walk up a down escalator.

I shall also be spreading my chips around at the RPT tomorrow night. Come early if you want some. I shall not be playing the Mookie tonight, but I'll probably rail a little just to make smart ass remarks. It keeps me warm.

Part and parcel to my retirement from online poker is a hopeful increase in live play. I've been able to go out to the bars to play a little more recently. It's nice to be able to build up a stack to show that you can, than donk them off without remorse when you get bored. As riggstad put it the other night, it's like a cat batting around a crumpled up paper ball.

Also I have been able to schedule my first home ring game in a couple months. Things have just been too busy and I got away from it. I anticipate bringing it back to its semi-regular status now. First up...February 16. Participants TBD, but the list is growing fast. That should be fodder for a week's worth of posts.

No comments: