Thursday, February 28, 2008

Let the Games Begin

The BBT3 is here and better than ever, I look forward to it all. Thank you long-haired hippy freak.

As much as I'm looking froward to it though, I feel like a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest. Why snak? Good question. It's because I know that I will play at best 30% of these games. And that may be extraordinarily optimistic. But I don't mope (much). Instead I will happily take my shots when they come. If I succeed, so much the better. If not, c'est la vie. There are worse things. I reserve the right to adjust this estimate if I go deep and cash big in an early contest.

I have come to realize lately that there is a downside to semi-retirement from online poker. It doesn't give you a whole hell of a lot to write about. I am reduced to giving sickbay reports (by the way, my son officially has the flu), or making stabs at humor with semi-fictitious stories (sounds like the real Olga was more worth writing about). What's next? More song parodies? (I'm doing my best to refrain.)

Hopefully my part-time participation in the BBT3 will spawn some new material. Good luck to all, and I'll see you (sometimes) at the tables.

No comments: