Sunday, February 17, 2008

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer

And one Rye, and one Tequila, and one more Bourbon for good measure.

Good time last night. We ended up playing a little short handed (6) for most of the night due to a couple late cancellations. I was up about 70 or 75 early, but lost two large pots to the same person and ended up only $6 on the evening. After 3 people departed, the remaining 3 of us played PLO until 4:30. I was essentially card dead for the last 5 hours or so, able to pick up a few small pots here and there to tread water. A couple of occasions where I decided to win the pot before the cards were dealt, and fortunately no one woke up with a hand. That kind of thing.

Two new faces last night who brought solid play to the table to make for an enjoyable poker experience. I generally get compliments for the game I host because it usually includes solid players and people who are capable of letting go marginal hands. Hopefully I'll have another one scheduled in 2 or 3 weeks; just need to check the calendar to see which one works best.

No online poker this weekend, and I'm just trying to eliminate the poison from my body today.

2 comments:

Brian said...

I reviewed your game on my blog, click the Phillie Phanatic link to read!

Thanks Ron, nice game and nice players.

Anonymous said...

Great time had by all. Thanks again for hosting. I do love 6 max so the numbers didn't bother me at all.

--Millerd33