Friday, February 15, 2008

Delayed Retirement

Thanks to a 4th place, in the money, finish in the RPT last night, my retirement has been delayed. It was a tough beat that put me on the felt 4 handed (AQ < AJ), but I was the beneficiary on several occasions of cards falling my way, so I can't complain. I was done in when my JJ couldn't hold against KQ. Congratulations to whomever won. Zeem had the big stack 3 handed, and the deck seemed to be smacking him almost as hard as it was smacking me.

Ironically, I probably played worse last night than I have in weeks, yet I finished better. A number of misplays on my part were not punished, and I often found myself wiping my brow and sighing relief. However, as I noted to Riggstad on AIM after I called a shove four handed with Ace-rag (and lost to a bigger Ace), bad play only gets you so far. I promised him that was my last call of an all-in 4 handed with Ace-rag. Perhaps if he wasn't so loaded, he would have berated me more. I was certainly deserving

My only regret was that it was not a KO tourney. I lost count of how many people I took out. It was at least 7 and there were only 31 in the tourney. Good times though. I guess I'll see you for a few more weeks (until the money runs out).

I'm looking forward to the cash game at my house tomorrow night. It has been too long since the last one. I'll try to keep notes in case anything entertaining happens.

1 comment:

Zeem said...

Good times, indeed. Retirement seems to suit you!