Tuesday, December 11, 2007

More Baby Steps

Okay I lied yesterday. I actually made two attempts at a token yesterday. For tokens, I like to play the 2 table SNGs. 18 players, 8+.70 buy-in, 6 spots paid (5 tokens and sixth place gets $14). These come in both standard and turbo varieties. I generally prefer the turbo; otherwise it drags out too long.

Apparently I was not supposed to play the MATH last night because I finished sixth in both token games. It happens. Accentuating the positive again, at least I was up $10.60. Any day that your account ends higher than when it started is a good day in my book. The plus is I'm in a comfortable enough position now to play both the Mookie and the RPT this week (couldn't say that last week).

Having failed in my token quest, I decided to watch a movie I had recorded off of HDnet. Last night's selection was "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead". My review: If it doesn't put you to sleep, you'll wish you were dead. It had lots of potential, but never got there.

I ended up railing the MATH after the movie. Although I do talk it up and goof around in the chat boxes, I spend a fair amount of effort watching people play. I was particularly impressed with the play of Lucko. He came up a little short in the end, but I definitely picked up a few things that I think can improve my approach in short table play. Congratulations to twoblackaces on the win.

No comments: