Thursday, December 13, 2007

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

Okay I whiffed in the Mookie last night, but I'll take the Pyrrhic victory of finishing 24th after riding a short stack for the last 45 minutes I was there. I'd congratulate the winner, but I do not know who that is right now. Whoever you are, congratulations and well played; it was inspiring.

Interesting stat line of the night: After 100 hands played in the Mookie, I had seen exactly ONE flop. One. And that was in an unraised BB. I had not seen a turn. But I had won 15 hands preflop. I felt like the anti-Vito Corleone asking, "what have I done to earn such respect?" I even raised, won and showed the hammer at about hand 50 (Hoy was at my table and was a bad influence, I confess). Does that get me action? Noooooo. I move to another table finally. Raise, win and show the hammer again (Hoy might be on to something) and finally I start to get a little action. Which was unfortunate, because it was about that time the cards dried up. Still a lot of fun though.

In addition to the Mookie, I played 3 more SNG last night in effort to keep up with my pledge. Cashed in two, with one win. The night before I played in four, cashed in three (one being a token), won two (well the token win really doesn't count), and finished second in a 45 man. All in all, I'd say things are going pretty well.

Lest someone conclude that I must be catching every hand to do so well, I offer up this string of hands in the SNG I cashed (finished third), but didn't win last night. In the final eight hands, I got the money in heads up against the same guy three times. Each time I was at least a 2-1 favorite (one I was 2.5-1), and I did not win one of them. Those were happening in the last SNG of the night too, but I was fortunate enough to be playing against players of... questionable caliber. They gleefully (well I was gleeful) gave whatever gains they made back to me.

Remember, tonight is the next to last chance to get that seat in the Aussie Millions BBT Challenge. See you all at the RPT tourney, 9:00 (eastern), 10+1, password: riverchasers. (As if you didn't know.)

No comments: