Saturday, December 1, 2007

The On Ramp

Well I suppose it's high time that I post my inaugural blog......thing. Heck it's all of 3 days old and already living up to its name of (almost) daily. From the jump I would kindly request patience as I figure out this whole posting thing. I'm not a complete idiot, so hopefully the learning curve will be short. Now...to the point....

I suppose that exactly what the world doesn't need is another blog that will primarily revolve around poker and drinking adult beverages. This is especially true when the blogger doesn't play a whole lot of poker nor does he drink copious amounts of adult beverages (comparatively speaking). However, having now played with many poker bloggers online, for roughly a year or so, via the RPT and the Mookie, I feel a sort of kinship with them that no amount of showering can cure. So thanks to that, along with some encouragement from my man Jim (head honcho of RPT), here I am.

So here's the real poop on what you can expect. For the record, and for full disclosure, let me state the following: I am by no stretch of the imagination a poker or bourbon expert. Quite frankly, the only people I can probably educate on either subject are children or patrons of the Limerick Inn. Social commentary expertise is the same, only more so.

With that disclaimer (and it's the only one you'll get, so I hope you read it), it will not stop me from pontificating on virtually any topic that crosses my mind on an almost daily basis. Poker commentary will center less on 'considered analysis' and more on sardonic wit (look it up). Bourbon commentary will center less on complex tasting notes (e.g. "Arising as subtle cinnamon-maple syrup. The maple falls away, leaving the layer of cinnamon after a minute of swirling") and more comments like, "it's smooth and damn good stuff". Social commentary will expose me as a right wing nutjob and proud of it. And to top it off, I won't be able to resist commenting on baseball in general and the Phillies in particular.

So there we are...a beginning. Are we having fun yet?

3 comments:

Riggstad said...

Now thats a first post that sets the bar..

Good luck getting over it on an almost daily basis.

We leave on thursday for Vegas and the Blogger gathering... Get you ticket quickly!

Anonymous said...

Not bad, Snak....I enjoyed it. One of these days when you are really bored, you will have to ask our favorite Limerick Inn representative if the reason he has so much time to post bullshit on the RPT boards is because he was recently sentenced for his second DUI, which includes an ankle bracelet and various government-sanctioned testing lmao

(ps for all you legal folks out there, this is all public record, besides, I work in the legal field so I know more about it than you; i.e. fuck off)

mookie99 said...

Welcome to the madness.