Thursday, December 6, 2007

Night of the Living Suckout Part 13,627

With more sequels than the horror franchises of Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street and Land Before Time combined, Full Tilt was in peak form last night. I will not bore you with the stories of my first three SNGs where I had the money in with the best hand in all three (when it counted) and lost; twice on a rivered 3 outter. Nor will I relay the story of my 4th SNG where I shoved with a gutterball figuring it was my turn to suck out on the river (it wasn't). (It was at that point I decided I was no longer in the frame of mind to continue playing.)

But the Mookie....ohhhhhhh the Mookie. There seemed to be entirely too much fun going on, which was in no small measure the fault of a fantastic live broadcast of Buddydank radio from Las Vegas. There was definitely a 'what the hell' mentality permeating throughout the event and the broadcasters could hardly keep up in detailing the various suckouts that seemed to be coming three at a time. The offending suck outters were appropriately demeaned and ridiculed and fun was had by all. Well mostly all.

Ironically, the individual who took it the hardest on a given hand was not the victim of suckout, but rather a big, fat cooler. I speak, of course, about my good friend Riggstad. He was playing quite well, taking some pots with marginal holdings in good spots and had grinded his stack up to 4K+. And then he was dealt KK. I knew this in advance as he informed me via AIM (I see no conflict here, as I was not playing in the tournament). His preflop raise was greeted by one caller. The flop came A-K-x and he immediately broke into the naked victory dance (artistic license engaged). I believe he bet around half the pot and was smooth called (hmmmmm). Blank turn and our hero shoves (or at least puts the other cat all-in). Insta-call and he shows.....AA. Oof.

This did not eliminate his Eminence, but the psychological blow was beyond repair. He hung on for a while longer (30 minutes or so), but eventually bowed out when he lost a race. All the while hammering expletives into my AIM window. Good times...goooood times.

Attention Usual Suspects

Even the unusual, usual suspects. Game, Manor, Saturday, Interested?

If you wish to become a usual suspect, drop me a line and I will initiate the vetting process.

The Bourbon of Choice for Saturday will at least start with the last part of the Eagle Rare Single Barrel. If that gets killed, I'll have to play it by ear. Perhaps crack open the Bernheim Wheat Whiskey (you won't be disappointed). The El Tesoro Anejo Tequila will also be available for consumption. Be forewarned, the corn snake has temporarily taken up residence in the poker room. I will do my best to resist the urge of bringing him out.

One more thing. Don't forget....

Tournament: Riverchasers Online Poker Tour
When: Tonight. 21:00 ET
Game: NLHE Deepstack
Buyin: $10+1
Password: Riverchasers

1 comment:

LuckTruck said...

u actually linked the movies individually to their imdb's?

thats dedication.