Friday, December 14, 2007

Work Pollyanna

We had a "holiday" party in my department today. I took part even though I don't technically work for this company (the simple description would be consultant). Anywho, they do a Pollyanna here (who does that anymore?). We each created a wish list of three items for the person who drew you to choose from. I listed 3 poker books (seemed easy enough). The person who drew my name must have gone over the $20 budget. They weren't exactly the titles I was looking for, but it was very nice for the person to get me multiple books.

I received Phil Gordon's Poker Box Set which includes the little black book (formerly Poker: The Real Deal), the little green book, the little blue book. Additionally I got Zen and the Art of Poker, by Larry Phillips. I look forward to reading this one.

2 comments:

OhCaptain said...

Congrats! Work gifts can be so weird. I'd love to get some poker books or poker related stuff!

Last year, I got a canned ham. It may have been regifted...not sure.

pokerDegen said...

Zen...Poker is an interesting read. One of my big takeaways from this book can be summed up in 3 words:
Play fewer hands.