Sunday, December 2, 2007

Poker is Like a Box of Chocolates

Well...sometimes it is. And other times, you know exactly what you're going to get. That was the case last night when I was railing Riggstad and generally yucking it up with him on IM. If you watch long enough, it's not a matter of if he berates someone, but when. Everything was going along smoothly and he was, as usual, playing exceptionally well (and giving me pearls of wisdom as a bonus). But there is a point to this lead-up, so I offer the following screen capture:





Now what is important to understand here is the preflop action. Mr. QJ off limped UTG, clearly intent on trapping with his monster. It folds to Riggs. At this point I send a message suggesting he shove, which he does for over 3K total when blinds were something like 50-100. Now I am certain that my suggestion had zero influence here. However I think Riggs held the same belief that I did; which was that the limper would call. It folded to BB who took his time, but eventually dumped too. Mr QJ off thought for a couple seconds, made the call and...well...you see what happened. Through the fits of laughter that ensued on my end, I was able to catch snippets of the subsequent conversation. For your reading pleasure, I have boiled it down and post it here (with some commentary of my own in italics). Enjoy.

Dealer: riggstad shows [Ad Ac]
Dealer: untouchableme shows [Qd Js]
riggstad: un real
Dealer: riggstad shows a pair of Aces
Dealer: untouchableme shows two pair, Queens and Jacks
Dealer: untouchableme wins the pot (6,280) with two pair,
Queens and Jacks

(Fireworks in 3.....2....1.....)

riggstad: you donpe
riggstad (Observer): QJ is the nuts
riggstad (Observer): I knew youd call too idiot
riggstad (Observer): limp call a shove
riggstad (Observer): fcktard
riggstad (Observer): get aids hippy

(He must like this guy, he's going pretty easy on him)

untouchableme: r u talking 2 me

(Further indication he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer)

riggstad (Observer): no I'm talking down to you
riggstad (Observer): noob
riggstad (Observer): -EV player you are
riggstad (Observer): slit
ohhhlandon26: what do you expect in a five dollar
tournament, riggs

(don't get involved, man)

riggstad (Observer): not the point
riggstad (Observer): at all
ohhhlandon26: you call him a noob, this is where noobs play
ohhhlandon26: five dollar tourny
riggstad (Observer): all this time and finally decides to dust
off with QJ
ohhhlandon26: if you want more respect for your plays, move
up

(must be Phil Gordon)

JesusMastaJiz: i'm not a noob
JesusMastaJiz: how dare you

(Who invited this joker to the party? Having watched this clown stumble his way to a chipstack, I can remain silent no longer)

snakster (Observer): no...you just suck
JesusMastaJiz: im still in
JesusMastaJiz: u suck
snakster (Observer): and Jamie Gold won, what's your point?
JesusMastaJiz: he's a miilionare now
snakster (Observer): and you're not. check and mate

(I suspect he's STILL licking his wounds from THAT encounter)

ohhhlandon26: don't get upset with the moves people make in
a five dollar tourney, you have to expect it
JesusMastaJiz: you see, noob's can win it big

(And this, of course, is what makes these game so profitable in the long run. So I feel I must appropriately offer....)

snakster (Observer): thank god

And there we have it. More entertaining than ANYTHING on TV. Keep fighting the good fight Riggstad.

9 comments:

Riggstad said...

I feel this is an inaccurate depicition of my ability to be so hurtful.

Unfortunately, I knew this guys play from previous encounters. Hence the hippy comment. I knew of his propensity to hit the hooch pipe, and wear things made of hemp, as he previously offered.

Let me also state for the recoed that in no way is any of that serious on my end. I just figured there was an audience, so I might as well perform.

I like to bring staisfaction and enjoyment to the masses

LuckTruck said...

riggs you lying sack... you meant 100% of every statement you stated (welcome to the redundancy department of redundancy).

you wanted him dead. his friends dead. his family dead.

and after the steam stopped blowing from your ears, you sighed and said, "I can't stand it..."

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you called him a slit! I'm offended LOL :-)

corron10 said...

haha... get aids.

Riggstad said...

I can't wholly take credit for the Aids statement...

That comes from Chad, who, and thank you by the way for something so succinct, likes to rant quickly and move on.

And absolutely not Griffy Boy...

Its "I can't take it" (while rubbing my head) :)

jamyhawk said...

LMAO. Great recap of the comments Snakster

Anonymous said...

"somewhere.....oooooover the rainbow........"

pokerDegen said...

Thanks for that recap. I was lucky enough to tune in moments before this hand, but missed the aids/hippy comment - CLASSIC!

Chad C said...

I never said anything to people though, I would just say "get aids" and leave. I believe that has a better effect on people!